Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Medical articles

There is urgent need for a review of alternative medical systems.These systems come complete with clinical tests and several millennia of anecdotal success stories. I do simple Yoga exercises. Believe it or not, I never had to take any medication, not even aspirin for over four decades, yes forty years. I am now on the wrong side of my sixties. Thanks to the exercise, and discipline I am not overweight, seldom suffer from a fever.

Because of drinking tap water even when I visit foreign countries, I do occasionally have suffered colds and runny noses. But when that happens, I resort to grandma's medication: Drink hot milk with turmeric powder boiled into it. My recovery time is hardly 12 hours.

I work some 16-17 hours and have had my share of roller coaster rides of life. But Yoga helps me stay cool and the mind stays clear. No confusions or clouds about what to do. Many persons have gotten cures for various health problems.


<http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/09/29/health/health-care-conversations.html#/1/1097231 >

Atul Gawande's New Yorker article <
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/01/24/110124fa_fact_gawande>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hello Friends:
Please read the attached Wall Street Journal article by an alumnus of Harvard Medical School. It is circulated with no bad intentions, but just to spread  awareness among the Public so that they may ask the right questions when they go to the Hospital, instead selecting the Hospital on the basis of what the author states "parking space" availability! There are, according to the author, guys of that variety too. 
The best policy however, for us laymen, is to live a robust healthy life, not let life's problems worry us, and always on the daily basis do some exercise or the other, including walk or jog till you sweat even in cold weather. Or you could do the worst possible exercise, the four-letter word thing, starting with Y- - - !

Yours in health causes,
Sudhanva Char

No comments:

Post a Comment